Pop-Up DMV for Real ID
This event is open to:
Haven't had time to go to the DMV to get your REAL ID? No need, the DMV will come to you!
A REAL ID is a driver’s license or identification card that is also a federally accepted form of identification. With a Real ID, individuals are able to board flights within the United States (U.S.) and enter secure federal facilities after May 3rd, 2023.
To apply for a REAL ID, Californian Stanford affiliates need to:
- Visit REALID.dmv.ca.gov
- Fill out the online application
- Upload documents
- Sign up for a time slot at Stanford Redwood City's REAL ID processing event to bring your uploaded documents to complete the application. Can't make it on January 24th? We will have a second pop-up DMV event on January 26th in Cardinal Hall, Conference Room C145.
Affiliates need to bring in and provide the following at the processing event:
- Proof of identity* – One original or certified document (example: valid passport, birth certificate) *Legal name change document(s) is required if the name on the proof of identity is different from the name on the other documents (example: marriage certificate, adoption papers).
- Proofs of California residency – Two documents, paper copies (example: utility bill, bank statement)
- Social Security number (exceptions may apply)
- Cash or check (credit cards not accepted): $35-41 for the REAL ID
Visit REALID.dmv.ca.gov for a complete list of acceptable documents and a link to the online application.
Email email@example.com for questions related to this event.